One of the leading global terminal operators with operations across the globe in both Ports and Terminals and in Inland Services. Operates in 74 Ports and Terminal facilities across 40 countries on 05 continents.
The customer wanted to optimize operational efficiency of equipment and lay out uniform processes across all terminals globally. Over the decade, the client had implemented various versions of ERP applications as standalone solutions in each Terminal making it difficult to compare performance between different terminals. Non-existence of interfaces between multiple systems lead to errors due manual efforts in system integration.
The customer had chosen Envecon as their implementation partner in this journey due to the vast consulting experience of EAM in Ports and Terminals industry. By Adopting IFS ERP application, the goal was to bring all terminals under single version of ERP on global server and streamline processes using global data and process standards. This was the key factor for the customer to achieve improved supply chain efficiency, lower operating costs and global synergies for it’s expanding Global Terminal Network.
- Defining structure, global standards for Terminal Asset Management (TAM) in area of Equipment, Maintenance Organization, Work order Management and Preventive Maintenance Schedules
- Simplified EAM solution spread over all important assets like Terminal Operating Equipment, Tools & Fixtures, Yard, Civil Equipment and Civil Structures.
- Improving Equipment Administration by standardizing 60 different types of equipment used across the world in common structure defined at four levels like Equipment Type, Main Functional Area, Components, Sub components & Spares within components.
- Enabling incident reporting at appropriate structure level to perform more reliable root cause analysis of failures.
- Defining and structuring Preventive Maintenance schedules with required operations and material for each schedule to facilitate smooth workforce and material planning
- Integrate EAM Solutions with Equipment and third-party applications such as different Terminal Operating Systems (TOS), Fueling Systems, Barcode Systems and Crane Management Systems.
- Designing Robust Business Intelligence (BI) Solution by integrating ERP applications, TOS, Workforce Management applications under single BI solution umbrella
Technology Platforms used:
- IFS EAM, Procurement, Inventory and Finance modules
- Interfaces to Fault reporting, Fuel Consumption monitoring system and Meter reading applications on Equipment
- IFS CONNECT for all Interface configuration
- Event Configuration for Automation, Controls and Exception handling
- Fault Reporting and Breakdown Maintenance
- Calendar and Criteria based
- Work Order Management
- Downtime reporting with proper downtime type
- Warranty Management
- External Repair Process
- Tire and Wire rope Maintenance management
- Equipment Fuel Management
- ERP Maintenance
- Global terminal operator projects
- Project delivery sites
- Standardized and enforced business processes across all terminals
- Support regulatory requirements to document and run business process while improving efficiency and consistency of workforce activities
- Reduction in downtime and inventory costs by optimization of preventive maintenance schedules
- Increasing the reliability and availability of assets
- Improved performance of assets by direct impact to the top and bottom lines
- Availability of reliable and real time data for strategic business decisions
- Managing 3rd party service providers interacting with business operations -eliminating duplicative systems while standardizing on modern technologies
- Tracking warranty management of expensive high-end equipment with in EAM solution
- Standardized solution framework for creating strong base for KPI reporting at multiple levels like terminals and consolidated dashboards for the regions, with analytical capabilities and data drill down
Envecon is a Global IFS Service and Channel Partner with 300+ successful implementations worldwide and a track record of delivering projects on time and within budget for clients. Envecon has become the trusted digitalization partner for their customers, providing IFS services for the last 8 years in more than 50 countries across Asia Pacific, Middle East, Africa, Europe and Americas. Envecon currently has offices in Copenhagen, Seattle, Dubai & Kuala Lumpur with delivery centers in Mumbai and Bangalore. In 2018, Envecon was awarded the IFS Enterprise Service Partner of the Year award at the IFS WoCo conference held in Atlanta.